Pick of the Archive: Favourite Posts, Sept. - Dec. '06
1) A New Year poem - 31st December
A complaint about the generally poor quality of poetry themed on the turning of the year, and the humble offering of a poem of my own - one of my 'freaky fables' series.
2) My first Christmas in ***??*** (Where in the world am I? ) - 30th December
A little bit of nostalgia for my early days in China.
3) The Question to The Ultimate Answer - 21st December
A homage to the late Douglas Adams, and my solution to the great conundrum of his 'Hitch-Hikers' Guide To The Galaxy' series.
4) Touch the monolith - 15th December
My multi-million dollar website idea!
5) A favourite 'beachcombing' - 12th December
A nutshell tribute to one of my favourite humourists, J. B. Morton; and one of the most famous examples of his work - 'The Dancing Cabman'.
6) Logorrhoea - 10th December
Strange word, strange poem - but a good summary, I think, of the creative urge.
7) A footballer anecdote (or three, or four) - 9th December
Some well-known funny stories about the great game retold.
8) That time of the week again - 1st December
Not many of my haiku will make it into these lists - but this one is particularly dear to my heart: probably one of the most romantic I have ever written.
9) The Simile Game - 30th November
Two-for-the-price-of-one: some silly, cynical wordplay and one of my best (I think) short poems.
10) Pulling the ripcord - 14th November
11) 'Morbid' thoughts? - 14th November
A frivolous little poem on the subject of poetry; but one of my most revealing?
12) They can smell the fear.... - 10th November
In which I confess my unmanly terror of bicycles.
13) On the beach - 6th November
A poem I wrote to woo the Great Love Of My Life. It worked..... for a while.
14) My first review - 25th October
Unexpected praise for the blog is the cue for some autobiographical aphorisms.
15) Sporadic advance of relevance - 24th October
My favourite ever piece of mangled English, and the story behind it. A possible sub-title for the blog itself??
16) A Dark Fable - 23rd October
One of my very favourite poems (of my own, that is); inspired, of course, by you-know-who.
17) Name-dropping - 10th October
I met a famous poet once: this is the anecdote.
18) Possible epitaphs - 10th October
What would you like on your tombstone? More jesting wordplay.
19) The people I fall for.... - 8th October
The story of my love life!
20) More shadows..... - 2nd October
Very short, very silly - but I like it.
21) Lone Mosquito Blues - 30th September
Can you believe I was still being persecuted by mosquitoes this late in the year?!
22) A Haiku with a back-story - 29th September
One of my first haiku, one of my best - and written in tribute to my greatest friend.
23) What job do I do? - 28th September
The story of my (non-)working life!!
24) Shadows and Froog - 25th September
A celebration of a favourite poetry anthology and a favourite poet; and the first and best of my own 'freaky fables' poems.
25) Fragment - 22nd September
A (still!) unfinished piece of poetry, but a promising one.
26) Christopher Robin goes down on Alice.... - 16th September
A naughty joke, and a very silly anecdote - but a good illustration of my frivolous, subversive personality.
27) I-Spy - 10th September
More on my employment prospects; and a 'true story' from my University days.
28) In dispraise of blogging - 8th September
A key early post on why I do not consider myself a 'blogger'!
Now, all I have to do is work out how to insert this in the sidebar......