Sunday, March 23, 2008

We are all Simpsons now

Many have asked...... "What does the Froog look like?"

Now, at last, it can be revealed - via the technological marvel of The Simpsonizer.


Of course, the device has its limitations. Everyone starts off with piggy eyes, a button nose, and impossibly low-set ears; and although you can ameliorate these oddities - and the inevitable goofy overbite, of course - the range of customizations available is really pretty small (and some of them don't work at all: you're supposed to be able to use a slider control to vary hair and clothes colour, but....).

This, I think, is not too bad a likeness. At least, it captures my fondness for dark clothes (a dark blue Hugo Boss shirt and black Levi's are my trademark 'look'). I have no idea, though, why it gave me a black thatch; my hair is really quite a light brown. This 'yellow' version of me (working from the same original photograph) is a little closer to the right hair colour, but I couldn't get rid of the tousled style - that's not me.

And just to get really freaky on you, here is me as a chick. You know how I love to stay in touch with "my feminine side"!

Thanks to Leah for alerting us all to this wonderful timewaster!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

he he,

The top one's got something about you. The middle ones def got the wrong hair!

And you as a woman... hummm maybe not - I think the wrong shade of lipstick.

It must have taken you hours, a top tip Leah, thx.

Anonymous said...

Nice boobs though :-)

Froog said...

Why, thank you, Mothman - you sure know how to compliment a lady. NOT.

I worry the yellow one makes me look too much like Troy McClure.

Froog said...

I think the black-haired version of 'me' is a little reminiscent of John Cusack - who, oddly enough, is the actor most often suggested by friends as a suitable candidate to play me in a film version of my life.

I don't really think it's an apt comparison myself, but I'm very happy for it to be made.

I think of myself more as a Ewan McGregor type, though.

Of course, Johnny Depp can play anyone.....