2) Browse, rather than reading whole books.
3) Make snap judgements about the quality of the writing by skimming a single page at random (and never read anything badly-written).
4) Have several books on the go at once.
5) Don't worry about not finishing books.
6) Always carry a book in your pocket.
7) Always buy one book - but only one - whenever you visit a bookshop.
I'm not really sure that I believe in this advice - but I throw it out there as a provocation. I have noticed these tendencies in myself, and was reproving myself for them the other day; but then I fell to thinking that there may be arguments to be made in favour of each of them.