Monday, April 02, 2007

Where have all the readers gone? (A traffic report for March)

I fear there has been something of a tailing off in the number of visitors here at Froogville lately. Certainly there has been a dwindling in the number of comments, apart from those from the dependable (and many-headed) Tulsa, of course.

Of course, it's hard to know. For most of the last fortnight the blog has only been accessible in my country of residence via proxies like Anonymouse, and I think many of these proxies somehow fail to register as hits on Sitemeter or Statcounter. (Certainly, when I'm viewing the blogs through Anonymouse, the sitemeter is not displayed, which is probably a sign that something is amiss.)

Also, many of my friends are so lacking in Net nous that they may have been unable to proxify their way around the block, and may simply have given up reading me.

However, I do fear I may have been driving people away also with a surfeit of posting. Too much to digest at one time? Yes, I'm sorry. I have been overdoing it rather. Partly, I think, it was a sense of needing to compensate (overcompensate!) for the two months of relatively lean posting in January and February; partly it was just having too much time on my hands, since I am currently without regular employment.

Yes, last month I put out an astonishing 74 posts on this blog (and 48 on brother-blog Round-The-World Barstool Blues), a total of nearly 26,000 words.

Expect things to settle back down to around 40-50 posts a month from here on.

The total number of recorded visits now stands around 2,450. But for the censor's interference with Blogspot here, I think we would have surged well beyond the 2,500 mark by now.

Not bad.... but we can still do better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"many headed"?

Dear, dear, I do seem to be accumulating the most bizarre descriptions/nicknames since arriving in ****. This one reminds me of a SMS exchange with Froog back in January wherein 'many headed' referred to a multi-part and never ending report that I was working on - it was the 'many headed beast'. Not a pleasant association to apply to myself.

Let's see, so far, we've got my own nickname - Tulsa, then there is is Princess, Matron, Professional Blogger, and now Many Headed.

I'm sure I'm leaving a few out. If we start counting the guesses people make as to my origin - it just gets funner and funner.

Who knew I'd have so many identities in ****?!