Tuesday, October 02, 2012

New Picks of the Month

Looking back at October 2009 (gosh, is it really three years ago already?), I find that it was a particularly busy month - at least on Froogville. This was mainly because I was kept indoors for much of the month by the protracted 'celebrations' of the 60th Anniversary of the founding of the People's Republic of China (something about which I curmudged quite extensively, here and here and here... and here).


I think my top pick for this month will be this post, Up yer bum! - one of those in which I revisit my Classical education, pondering on one of the great mysteries of 5th century BC Greek literature: why is threatening somebody with a radish such a terrifying prospect? (Although, in an uncommonly rich month, I find myself compelled to remind you also of this quip about the tortured English of many TV presenters here, this anecdote about my latest acting job, this post on my philosophy of teaching, and these Halloween ghost stories.)

From The Barstool, I'll pick A new idiom, a simple but painfully memorable little text message joke.


No comments: