Tuesday, June 05, 2012

New Picks of the Month

What are my latest recommendations from three years ago this month? Well, June 2009 was a slightly slow month for my blogging, since I got particularly emotional about the 20th anniversary of the bloody suppression of the 1989 Tiananmen protest movement, and maintained a week of silence to commemorate and mourn the event. I was also manically busy with apartment-hunting, while preparing to leave the country for an extended holiday at the end of the month (crikey - I haven't been back to the UK in three years?!). 

From Froogville, I'll choose this brief frippery from just prior to my departure, Flu Corner, inspired by an e-mail I received about the avian 'flu panic of the time. 

And on The Barstool I pick The near miss, a depressingly typical tale of romantic frustration.


No comments: