Monday, January 03, 2011

New Picks of the Month

A couple more recommendations of favourite 'moments' from three years ago this month....


From Froogville, I choose Some languages have music... (others don't) - the beginning of my occasional series on Why I don't learn Chinese.

And on The Barstool, I think I'll have to go for Getting Lost - an early entry in my Unsuitable Role Models series, on the marvellous, raddled jazz musician Chet Baker (the post includes a YouTube video of still portraits of him from various stages in his life, accompanied by his rendition of Let's Get Lost).  Oh, darn it!  It seems that Chet Baker video has been removed from YouTube because of a copyright claim (although, strangely, the title frame still displays!).  I suppose I'd therefore better nominate something else; check out Blue Swirl, one of my impulsive experiments with abstract photography.

No comments: