Thursday, September 02, 2010

New Picks of the Month

In our journey through the archives we've now reached the month of September 2007 - when I flirted with giving up blogging. Yep, after passing the blogs' 1st Anniversary I gave up posting for two or three weeks. So, there's not so much to choose from in this month.


Nevertheless....

On Froogville, I point you towards this account of one of the most annoying things a Chinese person has ever done to me.

And from The Barstool, I'm rather fond of this celebration of Edinburgh's Rose Street, my regular summer hangout there when I visit for the Festival, and surely the best bar-crawling area in the world.


3 comments:

JES said...

Well, I just scrolled back and forth among posts to either side of the "most annoying thing" post -- you were a prolific little thing back then, weren't you? sometimes multiple posts in a single day! -- and can't find any sign of this two- to three-week hiatus. What happened? Simple (or, since it was you, more likely complex) burnout?

Froog said...

Well, I exaggerated the length of the interruption a bit, didn't I?

I had an office-based job at the time, so posting tended to be more frequent, but shorter.

I had planned from the outset to terminate the two blogs after one year, but.... I suppose I realised when I did so that I was just starting to enjoy it.

I first announced my intention to quit here, and the final posts were on the 17th September (although they were very brief; there hadn't been anything substantial since the 14th or 15th). I resumed again on the 28th.

I'm now thinking about a 5-year lifespan....

Froog said...

Oops, omitted the link there. My quitting post was here.