Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Another miscellany

This week has suddenly spiralled out of control.

Not so long ago, I was anticipating having another worryingly barren week, but now I am looking at working flat-out for the next 5 days at least (yes, including the weekend!).

There may therefore be something of an interruption of my usual blogorrhoea.


To try to keep you amused during my anticipated absence, I offer you these diverting links.


First, this great story about a philosophy helpline - still being inadvertently advertised by a pair of Indian grocery store owners in East London, on the side of their delivery van - from England's Daily Mail newspaper a little while ago. (Thanks, yet again, to the unwaveringly strange Webside Gleanings for that one.)

On a more serious note... how is the 'global economic meltdown' hitting China? The Peking Duck has one of the best summaries so far.

Back to my usual frivol... here are some fun Obama posters. I particularly like "PRESIDENT: Now available in black!"

And on a narcissistic - or self-immolatory? - note.... I would draw your attention to my recent request for your reviews of my blog(s). Recent, yes, but already buried a dozen or so posts down the page (and 8 items down the sidebar!) - so I feel it is in order to call your attention to it again. Thus far I seem to have attracted only a few old (and new) friends to the thread, who have been either too kind or too obscure in their comments. We have had a few random, unidentified strangers as well - but obscurity has likewise confounded their unkindness. We haven't seen much actual criticism as yet. I'm waiting.

And a final treat - The Brick Testament: Bible stories re-told in vivid tableaux using Lego figures. I particularly liked the Parable of the Many Murders (yes, there really was one). (Tony, of OMF, gets the hat-tip here.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the acknowledgement, Froog, but your link to OMF leads to a blog called OMG

Froog said...

Sorry, Tony. Thanks for pointing that out. Now rectified.

Sleep-deprived, I'm afraid: I really shouldn't blog or operate heavy machinery in this condition.