Sunday, August 24, 2008

I am an Olympic slut

I think I must have seen my honey-of-the-month, the heart-meltingly pretty Swedish high jumper Emma Green, for all of about 4 or 5 seconds last night. She missed her jump (at 1.99m, I think it was), and that was it.

However, I wasn't too distraught because I'd already been smitten with another - Jonna Tilgner, who ran the first leg of the 4 x 400m for Germany. OK, so she did run - by some margin - the slowest lap of any of the 32 competitors in this final. But she's really more of a hurdler, you know. And she is way CUTE.

Hmm, perhaps this in-action shot doesn't quite do her justice. How about this one? Cute, cute, cute. Sorry, Emma, I could barely stay faithful to you for 3 weeks. Men are such fickle creatures. I will try to curb my wandering eye from now on. Perhaps it will be easier now that the Olympics are over.

4 comments:

Froog said...

My friend DD teases me that "I have a thing for blondes".

Actually, the reverse is generally true. I am largely immune to them. But there must always be exceptions to every rule....

The British Cowboy said...

Thank God it is all over. Now we can get back to real sports!

Froog said...

I thought you liked baseball and basketball?

I found the Men's Volleyball Final a compellingly close-fought contest, although it did go on rather.

I like the athletics. Most of the rest of it is either dull or silly or both.

Damn, there have been some fine-looking women taking part, though. Mostly in the athletics.

The British Cowboy said...

I do. But I despise them in the Olympics. I don't like national sports competitions generally - cricket being the prime exception, football too, though less so.

Generally I like watching a sport played to its highest level. Cricket (and rugby I guess, though that is pants) is best at international level. Football is best at a club level, though international is pretty good. Basketball is best at the NBA level - the mismatch at the international level is ridiculous, though I hear the final was rather good. Also the rules don't make for a good game to watch.

I also get so turned off by the crass nationalism involved.