Thursday, May 08, 2008

Where did that week go?

Amongst the reasons why I have not posted this week.......


1) I have gone to bed never earlier than 2am and mostly after 4am for the last 6 nights in succession (and not sleeping very well when I am in bed), and I am thus DEAD.

2) I have been in the studio all day every day so far this week...... and I now have to go out and teach a business English class for 2 hours.

3) Monday was Cinco de Mayo - the second biggest piss-up of the year, after St Pat's.

4) I am entering into discussions (thus far only by e-mail, but promising) with an American education company about what might, just possibly, develop into a 'proper job' for me at last.

5) In pursuance of 4) above, I have had to try to address some long-standing functionality problems I've been suffering with my Skype and landline telephone connections.

6) My favourite ex-student just got married (to a Polish-American guy I introduced her to), so I had to go out to a celebratory dinner with them last night.

7) I've been having to sort out my visa renewal this week. Luckily, I have a good agent. I think everything's going to be OK. Fingers crossed.

8) I've been out gigging 3 times already this week.

9) And now I desperately need to try and get my hair cut........


Yes, bucketloads of stress this week. And very little sleep. My feet just haven't touched the ground.

Hence, no blogging. Sorry.

No comments: