Monday, May 12, 2008

Shame-O-Gram

An American friend I was at dinner with yesterday was complaining that her wastrel twenty-something son back home appeared likely to fail to acknowledge Mother's Day (American-style; the UK version, of course, falls on the third Sunday in March rather than the second in May).

I suggested that she could avenge herself by sending a singing telegram around to his place of work today, to humiliate him in front of his co-workers with a chorus of something like "You broke your Mother's heart again."

I think this is a fine and potentially very lucrative concept. No doubt somewhere in the world (probably somewhere in America) such a creatively spiteful variation on the singing telegram service already exists. But then again perhaps not....... Maybe this could be my 'million dollar idea'?!

Of course, there's no absolute necessity to run a business like this over the Internet, but..... such is the fashion of the times. And I haven't added to my 'Brilliant Website Ideas' series for a while.


No comments: