Thursday, November 01, 2007

Signs you're about to get canned

This could be a long series.

But for the fact that I am almost certainly about to get canned in the next month or so. If I don't walk out in a righteous huff first, that is.

But anyway...... the latest and most dramatic sign is that I have been excised from the company's quarterly newsletter.

All the other new staff who joined during the summer have a picture and a short profile in it. I was asked to submit these too; I did so; I was promised that I would soon see my handsome face beaming innocent optimism out of the pages of the magazine.

But no. Everybody else is there, and I'm not. I have become a non-person.

That's not a good sign....

On a related - and equally ominous - note, they have started describing my status here as "probationary" during my first 6 months (although I don't think my contract makes any mention of this). Coincidentally (?), a new incentive scheme has just been implemented: the first bonuses under this are due to be paid this month - but only to "confirmed" employees. Get the picture?

No comments: