Monday, March 05, 2007

Traffic report - belated blog stats for Jan, Feb

I had to go back to the UK for a funeral in January, so there were 10 days when I didn't post at all, and a week or two on each side of that where the posting was only patchy. As a result I 'lost' a number of my regular readers (who are few enough anyway). I have recently been making attempts to advertise my blogs' existence to a wider circle of people, but it remains to be seen whether this will have any effect.

Despite the unfortunate interruption of 'normal service', I did somehow manage to maintain a fairly respectable average of posting: 29 posts in January, 32 in February, a little over 6,000 words in each month. Visitors numbered around 400 in each month.

Curiously enough, Froogville here has recently been outstripping its more alcoholic brother
Round-The-World Barstool Blues by 20-30 hits per week; for the first few months of their existence their stats were identical, people were visiting both sites together. I am curious as to why this shift might have happened. I really don't think Froogville has become more interesting - or Barstool Blues more boring - of late!

And - if the 'visitor map' provided by Statcounter is to be believed (I am somewhat sceptical!) - I have been looked at by people in Poland, Nigeria, Vietnam, and Washington State. I don't know anyone in these places!! I hope the next time someone from such an exotic locale looks in they'll leave me a comment to let me know who they are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

only 61 more clicks to go, huh? are you turning of your cookies and furiously clicking away?