Monday, January 15, 2007

Another 'Tomorrow'

I have - for the last hour or so - been trying to upload another picture of Robert Crumb's 'Mr Natural', but..... even at this unseemly hour of the morning, the Internet is still crawlingly slow.

So, I give up, and look around for something else 'ready made' that I can post.

Well, there's this - another of the poetic doodlings on the theme of tomorrow that I indulged in last year (hint: 'list' poems are easy!).

My point here, I think, was that we tend to over-elaborate, over-mysticize 'the unknown', and that too often leads us into fear, hesitation, avoidance. The nervous anticipation - or the anxiety - we so often feel about 'tomorrow' should be cherished, not feared; we should realise that 'the unknown' always becomes 'known' soon enough.... and it's rarely that bad, usually survivable!


Tomorrow is a house without an address,
Tomorrow is a locked door,
Tomorrow is a book in a plain cover,
Tomorrow is an unmarked grave,
Tomorrow is an unopened letter,
Tomorrow is a lottery ticket,
Tomorrow is the unknown;
But so was yesterday.

No comments: