Friday, November 02, 2012

Traffic Report - the blog stats for October

Oh, dear! Last month turned out to be rather too prolific - for mine or anyone else's good. Partly, no doubt, it was not having any work. Partly, perhaps, not drinking - and hence not going out very much - also boosted my output. And, since I have decided to call time on my blogs next month, there may be an element of trying to get a lot done in these last few weeks, tidying up loose ends and getting some long-contemplated, oft-deferred posts off my chest.


Last month, there were 38 posts and around 20,000 words on Froogville.

There were 34 posts and some 11,500 words on Barstool Blues.


Too much, I know. Forgive me.

Nothing much of interest happening with the stats, except that my post on 'Oneiric' Films last Saturday is racking up a record number of hits according to Google/Blogger's own traffic monitoring. Ordinarily, I only get about 10 to 15 single-page views recorded for each post, within a day or two of them going up. So, I assume this is mostly regular readers (if I have any such). The numbers climb a little thereafter, but only very slowly and intermittently - unless I've been writing on something that has obvious search engine 'sex appeal' (which, as often as not, means just sex appeal). The word 'oneiric' would appear to be super-sexy to search engines, because that post achieved 100 single-page hits in just over 24 hours, and has now amassed more than 250. Alas, I fear this does just mean turning up in search results, rather than actually attracting anyone to visit the blog.


No comments: