Friday, October 21, 2011

Recently, on The Barstool...

It's been a relatively quiet month or so over on my 'drinking blog', largely because I haven't been drinking.

However, there have been a few notable posts: a celebration of the centenary of Irish writer Brian O'Nolan (one of my great Unsuitable Role Models), an account of the farewell pub crawl for my friend JK (proprietor of the best bar in Beijing), and an approach to overcoming procrastination (or not).

We've also had music from the fabulous Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain, from Brad Barr playing a wondrously strange guitar, from masters of Central Asian folk Huun-Huur-Tu (one of a pair of grumpy posts about how wretchedly awful Beijing's 'leading' live music bar Yugong Yishan is), and from Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, who played at the InterCity Music Festival in Chaoyang Park at the beginning of last month (yes, I included that in my last Best of... roundup too, but it's worth repeating; they are very, very good).

We've also seen my old buddy The British Cowboy emerge from a long hibernation to revisit the comment threads.

And, of course, we marked the 5th Anniversary of the blog with a new 'audience participation' thread on the topic What's Your Unusual Super-Power?


Go and see what you've missed.

No comments: