Friday, September 09, 2011

Recently, on The Barstool...

My 'other' blog is also approaching its 5th anniversary, a week from today.

But what's been going on over there more recently, say, just in the last four weeks? You never go and check unless I remind you, do you?

Well, recently I formulated some important Rules of Drinking (goaded by the discovery that Modern Drunkard magazine had produced a cumbersomely long list of its own, which has achieved great prominence on the Internet).

Following my recent holidays, I have celebrated the ready availability of the marvellous Beer Lao in Kunming, and identified a possible spot to open a bar of my own! And despite all that travelling, I still found time to come up with a promising theme for a new bar in Beijing, and to unearth the obscure origins of lager.

To cap it all, we have had some excellent music from Roger Miller (King of the Road, the song that set the pattern of my life) and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (playing in Beijing this Sunday - yay!).

No comments: