Friday, August 12, 2011

Recently, on The Barstool...

So, what's been going on over on my 'drinking blog' over the past 6 weeks or so?


Well, we enjoyed a rather awesome FREE music show at the end of June, The dazeFeast (courtesy of music blog BeijingDaze) - so I had to write an appreciation of that, along with a brief concluding aside on why door fees are the devil's work.

Only a couple of days later, I found myself rescuing an abandoned kitten (the world's ugliest kitten, but still cute).

I've also mused on the question of stag weekends (I think they're a silly idea), shared my wisdom on how to get drunk most economically, observed a catastrophically awful barman in action, discovered possibly the oddest bar in Beijing, questioned whether China's phantom revolution has moved from Wangfujing to Sanlitun Houjie, been troubled by an apparent upsurge in the surliness of cab drivers, and analysed why sometimes 'less is MORE' - for example, in the length of 'happy hours' or beer lists. Oh yes, and found several new places to drink!

And we've had music from The Jolly Boys, Fine Young Cannibals, The Cranberries, and the "father of Chinese rock" himself, Cui Jian.


I tell you, it's usually a lot more fun over there. You should go and check it out more often.

No comments: