Monday, August 29, 2011

Busy!

I was barely off the train back from parts south when I found myself receiving a call inviting me to a "meeting" (if they have the quotation marks, that means they are important - potentially money-earning!).

Nine days on... I have edited three, no, four fairly long academic articles, done some preliminary work on the next long business article I've been commissioned to write, wrapped up the critiquing on the final assessments for the legal English class I was doing before I left on my hols... oh, and belatedly remembered I'm supposed to be giving a seminar on something or other this week (or next, I hope) for which I have to prepare a slew of new PowerPoint slides... and chased up a couple of payments owing... and set up another meeting and a telephone conference...


I am impossible to please: when I have no work, I fret about my lack of income; when I have work, I resent the loss of my freedom.

Life - it's a tricky one.


No comments: