Thursday, March 03, 2011

Traffic Report - the blog stats for February

Ah, finally I've achieved the sort of scaling down of output that I've long professed to aim for in my blogging habits.  But February is a very short month.  And I was out of town for the last 10 days of it.  So, we shouldn't get too carried away just yet.  Given that this was, in effect, only about 65% of a 'normal' blogging month for me, I suppose my rate of production was about as profuse as ever.  Oh well.


Anyway....

There were 37 posts and just over 10,000 words on Froogville.

There were 27 posts and nearly 7,000 words on Barstool Blues.

Oddly enough, the visitor stats held up remarkably well over the past week or so that I was away (and not posting), with 50-60 'unique visitors' daily on The Barstool and over 100 each day on Froogville. Were people just checking in to see if I was back yet, I wonder?? If absence makes the blog reader more curious, perhaps I should give up writing new posts altogether; maybe then I'd suddenly attract a vast readership to my extensive archives... (Well, that's always been my 'master plan'; but I think I have a year or two of wittering left in me yet.)

Not much news this month, other than that I appear to have picked up new 'regulars' in Canada (for Froogville) and Australia (for The Barstool - possibly my bar owner mate, JK), and have added Uganda, Kenya, and The Bahamas to the list of countries who've looked in just the once.

I wonder what the mad month of March will bring us?

2 comments:

JES said...

This must be the only one-proprietor corner of the Internet where 64 blog posts and 17K words in 28 days can be considered "scaled down."

You know, you could probably drive your stats even higher -- at least the page views -- just by splitting each post into two halves, joined by a "[See the next post for more!]" note.

One thing I've noticed of late at my own place is that my stats have gone up simply, or mostly, because of longer and more frequent visits by the Googlebot Web-crawling software. I can filter its visits out of my site stats, but in the meantime I'm enjoying the fantasy of burgeoning popularity.

(P.S. Word verification string: lethe. That reminds me of something, but for the life of me I can't remember exactly what.)

Froog said...

No, don't burst the bubble of fond self-delusion!

I've always felt these traffic-monitoring tools aren't going to be worth a damn until they encompass psychic capabilities to look inside the reader's mind and gauge satisfaction & engagement.

I mean, I briefly get excited when I find someone in Boise, Idaho spent a whole hour on my homepage... but they probably just inadvertently left the window open while they went and had breakfast, didn't they?