Friday, January 28, 2011

Recently, on The Barstool

Crikey, is it really two months since I last did one of these round-ups from the dark side?  It seems so.  Perhaps things have been a little quiet 'over there' recently.

Well, I won't attempt to review the whole of that period; but here are some highlights from the last few weeks.


At the start of this week, I put up one of my more thinky posts on there (more of a Froogville kind of post, perhaps?), a meditation on how imagination - and dreams - can interact with memory.  I'm rather pleased with that one - do please check it out.

I began this year with a (rather shaming!) collection of anecdotes about some of my most excessive experiences with alcohol, My Top Five 'Mornings After' (I console myself that most of them are culled from my wild undergraduate days, long, long, long ago).  Rather to my surprise, JES, one of my most discerning blog-friends and commenters, expressed an admiration for this piece - so maybe it does deserve another mention here.

Last week, I offered a brief review of the most hidden of hidden gems in Beijing, a little bar/restaurant way out in the Caochangdi township called Fodder Factory.

Also last week, I produced another of my quarterly 'Best of...' round-ups for the last quarter of 2009.

A couple of days ago, to mark Australia Day, I posted an amusing animation about just how asinine is the 'citizenship test' introduced in Oz a few years ago (a must-watch for trivia buffs!).

And at the weekend, I added another video (a pair of videos, in fact) to my occasional 'Great Songs' series, Suzanne Vega's marvellous Caramel.


Lots to enjoy there.  Go and catch up!

No comments: