Friday, October 29, 2010

Haiku for the week

Losing touch with time,
Sleeping in the afternoons -
Early mornings' curse!


Gosh, yes, it's almost like I've become a translator or something!  I have settled into some very bad patterns over the past couple of weeks: partying too hard at night and/or noodling around on the computer until the wee small hours, but denied a decent sleep by noisy neighbours and the bright early morning sunshine flooding through my south-facing window (I have rigged up a makeshift blackout curtain, but it's not quite big enough; and such things seem to be mightily hard to obtain in China).  By lunchtime or early afternoon, exhaustion overtakes me.... and I'm often crawling back into bed for 4 or 5 hours.  Not healthy.

I really need to get myself some proper blackout curtains made.  And start going to bed before midnight again.

No comments: