Friday, September 10, 2010

Recently, on the Barstool...

What's been going on over yonder on my 'parallel blog' these past three weeks?

Well, I came up with this roundup of five of the quirkiest and most obscure (and now defunct) bars I have known in Beijing (following on from this analysis of the typical 'life cycle' of a Beijing bar) - a sort of combined nostalgia wallow and trivia challenge for anyone who's been in Beijing as long as me.

Feeling more than usually frisky and frivolous a couple of weeks back, I posted a video of the very silly lurve song Ladies of the World, by Kiwi comedy duo Flight of the Conchords.

Ah, and then (my finest moment - of the last month) I devised a recipe for a cocktail which tastes like a favourite Central Asian salad.

And this week I was highlighting fatty snacks - Texan 'fried beer' and hot dogs with a plus.

On a more serious note, I've also recently discoursed on why FREE drinks are not a good thing and why music shouldn't be TOO loud.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I leave the BNU and see if this shitty little bar at the East Gate has managed to survive. I also believe that Tea Time Candy Cube is a plausible interpretation of something like Chinglish variety of cookies or sweet chariot.
Canadian Drugs

Froog said...

A spammer who actually bothers to read the post? And one of the posts it links to?! And the comments to that post??!!

Curious indeed!