Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fantasy football!!

Ah, I always loved this sequence from Disney's Bedknobs and Broomsticks, with David Tomlinson as the much put-upon referee in a match between jungle animals. (Yes indeed, there were times when I felt like this, officiating in rumbustious high school games in my first job as a teacher!).



By the by, the epic World Cup discussion thread continues over on The Barstool (I'm mostly talking to myself these days, but what the hey!). Please go and contribute your thoughts.

And I was musing on cartoons (as well as football) today because of the contributions JES added to Saturday's post about favourite animated features - there are now a couple of new links to check out there: Terry Gilliam's 10 favourite shorts, and the Time Out 50 Greatest Animated Features.

No comments: