Friday, March 19, 2010

Recently, on The Barstool...

Another little roundup of 'highlights' you might have missed from my other blog this past three weeks....


Well, I celebrated 'Johnny Cash Day' - the great man's birthday, February 26th - with this post advertising the exhortation to honour Johnny's memory by wearing black for the day (includes the video for his great cover of Trent Reznor's Hurt).

Then I got a long-in-gestation diatribe off my chest - a rant against the inanities of Facebook, Twitter, and especially FourSquare. (Did anyone get the Frankie Howerd reference?)

I made a doomed attempt to get interactive with a survey to find Beijing's most popular cocktail bar (the poll-widget website I was trying to use was dismally slow; you can still try the poll on their website - there have been a handful of votes).

And then, just the other day, as part of my St Patrick's Day celebrations, I produced a lengthy post on the fabulous bar-room singalong, Those Were The Days ("..., my friend. We thought they'd never end."), including the classic version by pretty 60s songstress Mary Hopkin and a number of others as well.

All well worth a look, if I do say so myself.

No comments: