Sunday, February 14, 2010

What will they think of next?

I have no truck with this day at all.

However, if you feel the need to exchange heart symbols as a token of something-or-other, you might at least - as I urged you last year - keep them anatomically correct.

You can, of course, get t-shirts - like this one from Zazzle.


Or, there are a number of "anatomically correct" pendants, like this one, out there. Since I have my curmudgeonly hat on today, I will object that most of these seem to be more or less "anatomically correct" in everything except size. Perhaps "anatomically approximate" would be a better term. (Unless they're not meant to be human hearts? But that's just creepy, isn't it?)


I think I prefer this elegant little mechanical heart (just what The Wizard of Oz's Tin Man would have wanted!), which I discovered through the Polymer Clay Daily blog (it's amazing what's out there on the Interwebs, isn't it?).

I believe this is from the same artist, Monster Kookies. You can find more of her work here. It gives a whole new meaning to holding someone's heart in your hand, doesn't it?

I wish all of my readers a happy day - just don't bother me with it!

No comments: