Monday, February 15, 2010

Getting SHAGGY again


Just like last year (and the year before...) I have failed to fit in a haircut in the last week before the Chinese New Year holiday. My new local hairdresser hadn't been that busy this week, but I kept on forgetting to look in on him.... and then he caught me out by shutting up shop a day early, on Thursday. I think it's now been 8 weeks since my last cut; and I usually like to get a trim every 5 or 6 weeks. Not good.

I am on the brink of shaving my head. However, not being quite convinced that I am yet ready to embrace baldness this way (particularly when the weather is still so cold), I have decided to put myself in the hands of fate: if my hairdresser returns to work next week, I shall be straight in there, gleefully disregarding the local superstition that it is bad juju for a man to get a haircut in the first month of the Chinese lunar year. If he doesn't, then shaved pate here I come!

No comments: