Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Status report

Three weeks after I started moving in to my new place, I have still scarcely made a dent in the unpacking.
 
I haven't yet cooked anything more elaborate than a bacon sarnie in my kitchen.
 
The foot of my bed is still barricaded by a pile of bin bags containing clothes and surplus bedding. 
 
In the living room - the most unusably cluttered area of the apartment - the summit of my achievement has been to clear a narrow path between the teetering piles of boxes in order to give me a view of the TV from the sofa.
 
Ah, but now, but now.... I face a week or two with virtually no work at all (and, probably, two or three months with scarily little work - the Christmas/New Year/Spring Festival double-[triple- ?]whammy plays havoc with one's annual income projections); so, I really should be able to get stuck into the problem.
 
Yet still I procrastinate.....
 
(Maybe I should turn the computer off?)
 

No comments: