Friday, November 13, 2009

Recently, on The Barstool

Continuing my occasional series of plugs for the brother blog....
 
 
I've already given this a brief shout out on here a couple of weeks ago, but I think it bears dropping on your living-room carpet once again, in the manner of an attention-seeking cat displaying a mangled mouse for your perusal.  I have recently committed to print for the first time ever, after long years of gestation, my important, possibly world-tilting theory (I expect to be nominated for the Nobel Prize for Economics in 4 or 5 years) of the Beer Equivalence Index - a method of calculating the cost of living in terms of the number of beers you could buy instead of something.  Shortly afterwards, I produced an addendum on round-the-world Beer Equivalence, demonstrating how you can use the 'Beer Equivalence' concept not only as a method of price comparison within one country but also as a means of gauging the relative cost of living/quality of life between one country and another.  Then, last week I threw in the related but supplementary concept of the Beer Spread Index, which - rather in the manner of the Gini coefficient - provides insights into the state of development and the social cohesion of a country by measuring the breadth of the price gap between the cheapest and the most expensive available beers.
 
 
And then, just the other day, I penned - in conjunction, it must be said, with my dauntingly polymathic friend The Weeble - this piece entitled Shit happens, which encompasses reverence for the works of Mr K. Vonnegut, the occasional usefulness of the French language, and some gratuitous alliteration.  Also worth a look.
 
 

1 comment:

Froog said...

This spammer is really starting to get on my tits...