Monday, May 04, 2009

Traffic Report - the blog stats for April

My oft-stated ambition to slow down a bit in my blogging output still shows little sign of being realised. Total number of posts was down last month, but only very slightly. In fact, considering I was hors de combat for two weekends (one devoted to a trip to the countryside, and one to a colossal bar crawl), and cut off from the Internet altogether for three days on top of that, the average of posts-per-day was in fact rather elevated. At least the overall volume of verbiage was reduced, especially on Froogville.


On Froogville last month there were 48 posts and 14,000 words.

On Barstool Blues there were only 35 posts, but still around 12,000 words.


According to Google Analytics, the Barstool is plodding along as ever with around 1,000 visitors per month, while Froogville's traffic has ballooned to 1,740 visitors last month (although Statcounter puts the figure higher, just above 2,000, and Sitemeter - which I'm lumbered with as my sidebar display - much lower! Put not your trust in traffic monitors...). That total, however, was much boosted by the popularity of my long nostalgia post, China and me (memories of my first encounter), on April 18th, which drew 400 visits over the following 3 days.

My Beijing Restaurant Guide is also drawing a little attention (though not as much as I might hope!).


The only other news of note I derive from my stats sites is that Froogville has drawn its first visitor from Brazil. I am particularly gratified by this since my mother was born there.

Thank you for continuing to read. (Oh yes, I have some stalkers - sorry, 'followers' - on both blogs now. What a responsibility!)

I shall endeavour to produce less but better over the coming month.

1 comment:

JES said...

A little while back, I tossed off some bit of blog-stat neurosis which prompted a commenter to advise me I was wasting my time. Turn off your site meter, she said. Which seemed a radical notion.

To my surprise, I felt healthier for a few weeks.

Yes, just a few weeks. Because, naturally, although I'd turned off the link from my blog to my two blog-stats engines, I'd not cancelled my accounts with them.

So I've got to walk a couple more blocks to get my fix these days. But the addiction lingers.