Thursday, May 07, 2009

Novelty in the recording studio?!

Most of the recording work I do squelches the brain through endlessly rehashing the same tired old scripts. This week, however, we have been lucky enough to be doing mostly new and unique stuff. It's still not very good, but at least it's not painfully over-familiar.

For some reason, this line this afternoon really got to my funnybone:
"This is my father's parrot, Billy."


Hmm, is Billy the name of the parrot, or the name of the friend to whom the parrot is being introduced? Is Billy not rather an odd name for a parrot?? And why does my father have a parrot anyway?!

And why did I find myself wrestling the strange compulsion to read it as:
"This is my father's pirate, Billy."


I fear my dreams tonight are going to be haunted by the adventures of Pirate Billy. And his parrot - which will have a much more parrot-appropriate name, like Polly, or Dulcinella, or Saramago, or.....

Stop me, someone.

No comments: