Monday, December 29, 2008

Review of the Year - Froog recommends a 'bon mot'

And why shouldn't I get in on the act? No-one has so far recommended a bon mot as one of their 'picks of the year', and I wanted to keep to my usual weekly format on here during this fortnight-long retrospective. I have dug up some very, very good wise sayings over this past year (some of them not used as yet; I find the research often eats up 15 or 20 minutes of a Monday morning that I should be devoting to breakfast.... or something), and it's quite tricky to choose just one favourite. However, I think the winner has to be this marvellous observation from Scott Adams.



A 'bon mot' on art

first posted on 3rd March


"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."

A great line from the Dilbert creator, Scott Adams, who turned 50 last year.

No comments: