It's 'List of the Month' time again, but this month I was rather at a loss to come up with a topic - so, this is a rather random collection.
Things I Wish My Mother Had Told Me
1) Milk goes off.
2) If you stand too close to the front at a rock concert, your ears will hurt for two days.
3) Sometimes you only get one chance.
4) Football teams may break your heart more often than girls, but the girls will hurt you even more. (Slightly different kind of heartbreak, but similar inevitability.)
5) Learn Spanish.
6) If you spend too much time with anyone, they'll start to piss you off.
7) The more you practise, the luckier you get.
8) 'Save' your documents regularly.
9) Depression is mostly suppressed anger; sometimes it's better to let the anger out.
10) Women will mob you when you are in a relationship, but it's almost impossible to find a girlfriend when you're single.
11) Sometimes it's better to be right in secret.
12) Always get a receipt.