Wednesday, December 24, 2008

All I want for Christmas (3)

All right, if no-one is going to give me MONEY for Christmas, how about some music? I am rather short of seasonal CDs out here.

List of the Day has recently provided a superb two-part rundown of the most improbable Christmas albums of all time, here and here.


I was particularly intrigued by, particularly sceptical about

and

but, amazingly enough, these do both appear to be genuine. I hope these fine performers were approaching the project with a sense of zestful irony (and self-mockery).... and that they hadn't just fallen upon desperately hard times.

However, I think the most fascinating title on the entire list has to be this:

A collaboration with John Cage, perhaps? I really need to find out what this album is all about. Please bring me this, Santa. Please.

No comments: