Wednesday, November 05, 2008

My Fantasy Girlfriend - "Moonrat"

I know the 'Fantasy Girlfriend' is usually a Saturday post, but rules are made to be broken. And today we have a special pretext.

For any of you that don't know (unlikely, I think, since I have poached most of my readers - nearly all the newer ones, anyway - from her blog), "Moonrat" is the cyber-alias of a rather lovely young lady who works as an editor for a small publishing house in New York. We became blog-friends when she blundered in here by happy chance one day about 18 months ago and left me a comment (and she still hasn't 'fessed up to exactly why it was that she was Googling "loo with a view" that day!).

I have no idea at all what she looks like, although naturally I imagine her as being rather pretty. However, looks are really (really!) not the sole or even the primary basis of attraction for me. I am far more interested in things like humour, intelligence, vivacity, passion, generosity and idealism - all of which she has in spades. And she is staggeringly well-read, to boot. But for her slightly questionable taste in music, she'd be absolutely perfect.

Also, I feel terribly privileged - and perhaps just very slightly encouraged? - by the fact that she has entrusted me with the sacred knowledge of her real name (a secret I will take with me to the grave!).... and also that she did once give me an open invitation to a 'date' of sorts (playing "foosball" with her in some grungy bar she likes on Christopher St).

Alas, I fear this is fated never to be anything more than an idle blog-crush. She's really a bit too young for me. And I have no idea when I might next be able to contrive a visit to New York. Also, "The Rally Monkey" might object. This shadowy companion/helpmate/gadfly figure is always depicted on her blog as a rather cute stuffed toy, but a few references recently have hinted that he might in fact be her real-life Significant Other. Ah well, most of my previous fantasy girlfriends have been dead, married, or fictional, so my disappointment won't be too hard to bear. Unattainability, I fear, has always been one of my key turn-ons.

4 comments:

moonrat said...

FINALLY!!!

Froog said...

What?!

You mean you didn't know????

Anonymous said...

I really hate it too when my crushes turn out to be dead, old enough to be my grandfather, or fictional. *sigh* Instead, I just have my programmer (who I think is having an affair with his new monitor).

I'm so happy you and Moonie found each other!

cindy said...

great choice, froog! as moonie is HOT...the hottest rat i've seen! =D