Sunday, September 28, 2008

"Unffhh!" Jesus takes a hit!

"Go, Timmy, go! Take that sandal-wearing hippie out of the game!!"

Yep, it looks to me as if JC is receiving the ball here rather than handing it off..... and that means he's in a whole lot of trouble. Well, in American Football, he's probably in a whole lot of trouble either way. That kid's going to pick him up and slam him into the ground. Yay!



This, I think, is my very favourite piece from the unbelievable kitschfest that is www.catholicshopper.com. I mentioned this over on the Barstool the other day. Also worth checking out is this piece by Libby Purves in The Times about a 'Top 20' of tasteless religious souvenirs. The Saint Sebastian pin-cushion has to be my favourite. Although the "thongs of praise" (ladies' briefs with pictures of saints on the front of them) are a close second.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may find the Going jesus blog/site entertaining -- e.g. the Cavalcade of Bad Nativities and the Stations of the Kitsch.

[Caveat: until just now, I hadn't been to the site for a couple years. She seems to be very caught up at the moment in the miracles of motherhood -- not to deride which obsession, it's just not the one which drew me there to begin with.]

Froog said...

Thanks, JES. Some wonderful stuff there - some fine Christmas decorations for the blog later in the year.