Friday, September 19, 2008

A missed opportunity: The Cornetto Torch

It occurred to me a few weeks ago that the distinctive shape and decoration of this year's Lenovo-designed Olympic torch really would have made a superb novelty Cornetto...... perhaps with a huge, swirly peak of strawberry & mango syrup encrusted cream on top to represent the flame.

Maybe the London organizing committee can take this idea forward?

Alas, I fear, it is probably the least lucrative (for me) of any of my 'great business ideas' - what are the chances of my being able to co-ordinate the development of the ice cream with obtaining the necessary licensing from the torch designers and the IOC, and still being able to keep a piece of the 'idea' to earn something for myself?? Just about zero, I think.

But I did work with the guys at Wall's here a few years ago. Possible guanxi? Maybe I should make a few calls.....

No comments: