Friday, July 25, 2008

Something else 'they' can try to ban me for

I posted this over on The Barstool yesterday, but I thought it was important enough to be worth repeating over here. I think the Daily Llama would approve.

My buddy (and, currently, only regular commenter), The British Cowboy, initially missed the joke, bless him.



My favourite music bar, 2 Kolegas, has started stocking 'Tibet' beer.

An exciting novelty. Alas, I have to report that it is not a particularly nice drink. The label describes it as a 'Green Barley Beer' - to my mind, 'green' is not a colour that should ever be used in connection with a beer (I don't even like it as a colour for beer bottles; brown or black - or even blue - is much better). As my friend Ben observed, the flavour is uncomfortably suggestive of lu cha (highly sweetened green tea, a favourite cold soft drink out here). Perhaps that perception was misleadingly implanted in our minds by that dratted word 'green' on the label. Or perhaps it just really does taste...... er, not quite as a beer should.

But, you know, anything makes a pleasant change from bloody Tsingtao. And I rather like the idea of buying a few cases of this stuff for my next party - and just giving it away. I think that will make a very enticing slogan for the flyer, don't you?

I think you know what I'm saying........

3 comments:

The British Cowboy said...

In my defense, I have spent months doing nothing but reading old emails. My brain is atrophied.

I came up with almost precisely the same joke as you; I just didn't read your whole post and see that you had already made it.

Gilman Grundy said...

Dude, did you try taking a few bottles of this into one of the stadiums?

Froog said...

No food or beverages allowed in, regardless of their possible political connotations, FOARP.

However, I carry some of the labels in my wallet at all times.