Friday, June 06, 2008

A feeling down haiku

Even brightest days
Will sometimes fail to ungloom
The darkness within.


I've been feeling pretty wretched all week: black dog time. Maybe accumulated work stress from the craziness I've put myself through these last few weeks, maybe just shortage of sleep from too much partying over the weekend, maybe the shock of switching from 80 hours of work a week to only a dozen or so this week. And maybe a few seasonal demons looming too.

This week I haven't felt like doing much other than sleep.

Today, finally, I think I've shaken some of those cobwebs off. And it is looking like a glorious day.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is especially hard when a busy time comes to an end.

But I am sure you will be busy again soon. Swings and roundabouts.