Friday, May 30, 2008

A too-busy-for-comfort haiku

A blur of business:
Every hour brings something new.
Week stretches its seams.


This week has been just crazy. Between dawn on Monday and around 8pm yesterday evening, I calcuate that I had put in around 50 hours of work - perhaps more! - in the space of 80 odd hours of life. And I'd managed barely 12 hours of sleep in the same period.

Today is supposed to be a 'free' day. Except that I have to tidy my flat, meet my landlord, register my residence at the police station, draft a contract for a new job, mark some exam papers, prepare a presentation for the weekend, visit a client to do a few left-over oral English assessments, meet with a partner to discuss a new training program, conduct one or two short telephone conferences, and deal with the inevitable slew of e-mails. Ah, blessed relief.........

No comments: