Friday, March 07, 2008

Blogger summit meeting

Jeremiah has invited me to one of his occasional bloggers' gatherings tonight. I can ill afford the time, since I have a hugely busy weekend ahead of me, but..... it could be once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to put faces to some familiar blog-names.

Oh yes, it could be quite the Teddy Bears' Picnic. Although, for some reason, I can't help being put in mind rather of The Monster Mash.



This is a performance from the wonderful Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band. I couldn't find any videos of the original performers, Bobby Pickett & The Cryptkickers - although there is quite an impressive computer animation accompanying their version here. And The Misfits' cover of it is also fun, although, alas, the picture quality of the video for this is lousy.

4 comments:

Brendan said...

I didn't even watch the video: the mere mention of "Monster Mash" has got that goddamn song stuck in my head. You will pay for this tonight.

Froog said...

I can't stay long. A party clash!

Maybe we can meet up again later, when you've got the Blogger Bump dance craze all worked out.

Tulsa said...

haha monster mash! i remember throwing a white sheet over my head as a child and twisting the hips to no end....

how was the blogger meet-up?

Froog said...

Well, I only stayed for one beer.

Had a birthday party over in 101 to go to.

I was surprised to see a few people I knew there: Deb's neighbour, the City Weekend editor, Mr 'Stylites'.