Monday, February 04, 2008

Start the week with a Tom Waits bon mot

"You can't live all your life in the present."

Tom Waits


I thought this was particularly appropriate for today's bon mot, since I am projecting into the future with this post. Anticipating that I will be incapable of posting, or of any form of coherent communication, for much of tomorrow (after starting the day with a 5-hour alcohol breakfast while watching the Super Bowl) I thought I would take care of my Monday morning 'bon mot' ritual a little early and change the time-stamp to make it appear that everything is as it always is. I hope you, my readers, are reassured by this consistency of routine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tulsa, I was here first........... and from the past I have travelled to the future. here it's still 03/02-08

Earthling

Tulsa said...

tom waits speaks the truth. while others time travel forward, i do have the tendency to escape to other people's past.

hi earthling :)