Thursday, December 13, 2007

The secret of a great firing

Timing!
At no notice at all. In the middle of winter. At a time of year when I have no prospect of finding any other work for at least three months. On the day of the office Christmas party. When I've just bought the boss his 'Secret Santa' Christmas present. On the anniversary of my worst-ever romantic break-up. In a week full of other bad anniversaries. In a week when I was probably going to be cripplingly depressed anyway. Just as SAD is starting to take hold. Just when the weather is turning viciously cold.

Quite remarkable, really. I didn't realise they did villainy like this any more!

It's cold outside......


2 comments:

moonrat said...

not to be mercenary, but have you considered writing? the most compelling narratives (and the most interesting authors) are the products of difficulty.

Froog said...

Ah, Moonrat dearest, what do you have room for in your list?

I'm jaded with travel writing and China memoirs. Any other non-fiction ideas (with a slight China or Asia focus)??