Saturday, November 03, 2007

Traffic report - stats for the blogs, Oct. '07

Crikey! Another bumper month - approaching the wild excess (still the record, just) of March this year. At least back then I had the excuse of being unemployed.

Why the massive splurge this last month?

Well, amongst the factors, I think, were...

1) It's the first time in 4 or 5 months that I've spent the whole month in Beijing, rather than having to travel hither and yon.

2) I've had a fairly light month at work.

3) I've had completely uninterrupted Internet access (also something of a rarity here).

4) Subconsciously, I probably felt I had a bit of a 'backlog' to clear out of my teeming brain, after attempting to shut the blogs down for a while back there in September.


I do apologise. I think this really is too much; I fear it becomes a burden on you, my readers. It's certainly quite an imposition on me! It is sobering - shaming - to reflect that in my 14 months as a blogger I have now churned out well over 300,000 words. That's a novel! 2 or 3 short novels!! I feel I should probably try to spend a bit less time wittering on here, and a bit more trying to write something of substance.

Ah yes, the figures:

On Froogville, 72 posts and just over 20,000 words.

On the Barstool, 38 posts (including the post of posts, which you must all read and comment on) and 14,000 words.

Visitor figures much the same as always, although we have had a few novel commenters recently. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: