Friday, October 19, 2007

Work sucks

I have just learned that I won't after all be going to the company's conference in Macau this year. I had been led to believe that I would. I have been telling my clients I would. I had already started laying outline plans for a satellite trip to catch up with a couple of friends in Hong Kong.

And the whole of the rest of the Beijing office is going - which tends to diminish my (already vanishingly negligible) status amongst my colleagues even further. Oh, joy!

Allegedly this was all planned and settled before I even joined the company, and it was just that nobody had got around to mentioning it to me (it's only a few weeks away now!) - but it does raise concerns that I don't figure in their long-term plans.

Sucky, sucky, sucky.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, sorry to hear. Maybe its time to treat yourself to a holiday without the firm? Might be more relaxing by the sounds of things at the moment.

Anonymous said...

hey, caught you posting - have a good day!
:-)

Anonymous said...

That is suckey.

really sorry to hear it, dude.

I was just chatting with my dad last night about how often I'm in the dark about work plans, things I would absolutely expect to know were I working for a Western company.

can't tell you how to make that sitch better (the figuring out what's on the schedule at work sitch), but I agree with fg. might as well give yourself a treat and take some time for yourself.

moonrat said...

macau isn't very nice this time of year, or any time of year, really, anyway.

Froog said...

Moonrat, have you been everywhere?

My recollection (from long ago) was that Hong Kong was pretty nice at this time of year, so I had supposed that Macau would be also.

Anyhow, it has ceased to be about the destination and is now more about the spurning.