Saturday, June 09, 2007

Traffic Report - blog stats for May

Yes, the gradual scaling back from my ridiculously prodigious output of the past couple of months has begun - but I'm taking it in baby steps. Last month I still managed 58 posts and nearly 17,500 words on here.

Nice to see things livening up in the 'comments' sections at last - thanks to the appearance of Earthling as a rival to dear Tulsa's status as No. 1 Commenter, Tulsa herself instituting an online 'tea party' with a bunch of her other blog-friends, my old 'retainer' Snopes putting his head round the door occasionally, and the eternally argumentative British Cowboy blowing his cigar smoke and his trenchant opinions in our faces on a regular basis. Thanks for the interest, folks; keep it up.

5 comments:

EARTHLING said...

And on that note, ding dong. Is any one keeping track of who is winning? and what will i win? maybe you should all buy me ticket as the winning prize so I can come and see the place up close. But before that, please make sure you make a marked map for me with all the GOOD/clean ladies and GOOD/clean showers there.

Froog said...

Most of the public toilets in central Beijing are pretty reasonable these days. And the toilets and showers in hotels are usually OK. It's just in some of the older private housing that things get a bit shabby. And in the countryside, you'll still be using a hole in the ground.

Do come visit whenever you like.

You're up late!!! Or are you not based in England/Europe any more??

EARTHLING said...

Night is the time that the light, sounds, people, flowers and the sea, all are less distracting. So I can concentrate on things I read or write, much better than day time when all things around me are too beautiful and too distracting.

And thanks for the invite to visit. I've mentioned somewhere in one of my comments, that the prise I will be winning by being the first commenter, is a ticket to China, which tulsa and you will buy and send me.

Anonymous said...

have you made your way through the backlog? I've left quite a few first comments throughout.

not that commenting should be your only goal. I hope you're slowing down to do some reading --- good stuff.

and thanks for the pic of the sea. very calming.

and Froog, it's definitely been a fun month. 58 is pretty near your goal. impressive. will you post a May top ten list? shall we challenge Earthling to it?

Froog said...

It's a bit too soon to form any considered judgements on the lasting worth of the May posts.

The "Pick of..." lists really have to be done from the back. I am working on my recommendations for the first quarter of the year. A second quarter round-up can wait another couple of months.