Since I seem to be perennially hopeless at finding (or keeping) a girlfriend, I am becoming seriously tempted to get a dog for companionship instead. The more I think on it, the more obvious the many advantages appear.
10 Reasons Why A Dog Is Better Than A Girlfriend
1) A dog gives you unconditional love.
2) A dog gives you absolute loyalty.
3) A dog is always pleased to see you when you come home.
4) A dog enjoys being told to "fetch".
5) You can pet other dogs whenever you like.
6) A dog doesn't mind being teased about "dog years".
7) You can keep a dog happy with one or two chocolate treats, instead of a whole box.
8) You can get a dog to jump in the lake quite easily.
9) When a dog has behaved badly, you can make it sleep outside.
10) When you stop buying dinner for a dog, it dies.
Quite a powerful argument, I think.