Sunday, January 21, 2007

Tulsa Unmasked!

I went out for a drink with 'Tulsa' (the dauntingly prolific mystery commenter who had been taunting me on both my blogs for the past week or so) the other night. She turns out to be a rather nice lawyer (it IS possible!) of my acquaintance, one of my colleagues in the scientific editing agency.

My hunch as to her identity had proved correct - although I never attained more than a 70-80% confidence about it, since (as I tactlessly put it to my girlfriend, The Artist) the defining parameters were "highly articulate young woman of American origin".... and I do know rather a lot of people who'd fit that description!

I'm glad she decided to own up. The power imbalance in that "I know who you are but you don't know who I am" game was quickly becoming a tad oppressive.

I hope my piercing of her veil of anonymity won't deter her from continuing her contributions: they have been a most welcome enhancement to the blogs of late.

In fact, I am relying on her to keep these blogs, my 'babies', alive during my enforced absence over the coming month....

Tulsa, you challenged me to solve the riddle of your identity - and I succeeded. In return, I issue this challenge to you:

Rove through my archive and try to post a comment (at least one) on every post! Go on, you can do it. (If you can manage 10 a day, you might have finished by the time I get back!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! When I accepted the request to keep your babies alive during your absence, I certainly was NOT imagining a challenge like this!

One comment (at least) for EVERY post - you do realize just how prolific a poster you are? And, multiply that by TWO, to account for the bar prop.... oh dear, I don't think I'll be getting any actual work done or be doing any socializing for the next month.

Lucky for you, my TV repairman was a no-show today (had I known he wouldn't show, I would have spent the day outside, enjoying a rare, sunshiney day, rather than at my window seat, wistfully daydreaming about mountain trails.) So, the TV won't be distracting me from this challenge.

Though I will have to come up with some fabulous cover for why I can't go out with my local friends and family. They're sure to become concerned about my sudden introverted behavior - especially during my birthday month.

"As I grow, yet, one more year older, I find I no longer enjoy socializing with any of you." That might be a bit harsh and not good for life after temporary custody of your babies.

Perhaps you can help me come up with a likely excuse?

Froog said...

Well, I was kidding about trying to cover EVERY post.

But you need a target, however unrealistic, to get you out of bed each morning.

If you can reach Everest base camp, we'll all be deeply impressed.

Froog said...

PS Good luck!

Don't abandon your social life for me!!

Anonymous said...

I wasn't going to!

If I've learned anything these last three weeks at work, it's the oft forgotten lesson on time management and balance of life. Some people start the year off with goals they manage to stick to for about two hours. I start my new year's off by practicing some of my worst habits, followed 3 weeks later by a self-reminder on why I normally refrain from them. And yes, for this non-drinker and non-smoker, mismanaged time is about as bad as the habits get. Though sometimes I think I should pick up some vice just so I can pretend to be dealing with something. ... like a never-ending report as big and ugly as Grendel's mum. (wait, maybe I do have a big bad vice - I tend to oversocialize, I think. is that a vice?)

But, I will counter-challenge you: a new post for every comment. a bit more feasible then your challenge to me, but something to get YOU out of bed every morning for the next month, eh?