Monday, December 11, 2006

An Isadora Duncan moment

The weather has turned nippy of late. I was enjoying wearing my new woollen scarf. I was walking innocently down the street in it the other day, when...... aaaargh: sudden strangulation!

One end of the scarf had somehow got caught in the handlebar of a bicycle which was parked pointlessly in the middle of the sidewalk (Where in the world am I?!) - although the scarf is neither very long nor very floppy, and I had sure as hell been giving the bicycle as wide a berth as possible.

I have said this before: bicycles are animate, sentient, malevolent. They wait for the moments when you are slightly off your guard - and then they pounce! BEWARE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure the bike wasn't just trying to get your attention so you could steal it and go for a joy ride?

I've seen those poor neglected bikes, sitting in the middle of the sidewalk, waiting hours for their owners to return. Poor poor bikes, they must be so bored.